Are you wondering if you need a humidifier or a dehumidifier for your home? There are many reasons to install these units and our experts at Apollo Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning are always happy to help you obtain the solution that’s best for you.
If you wake up with a scratchy throat or dry skin, chances are your home is too dry. This can happen especially in the colder months. Different people have different humidity needs, and some find that the best way to stay comfortable is to install a whole-home humidifier.
Are you unsure whether a humidifier is the best choice for you? Humidifiers can help in the following ways:
- Reduce asthma or allergy symptoms: If you feel like you have a cold and you can’t get better or you fight allergies, a humidifier might help you feel better. Adding moisture to the air is good for your sinuses, nasal passages, and throat.
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency: When the air has more humidity, it can be easier for your house to maintain a steady internal temperature. You may not have to use your HVAC system as much, so you will save energy and help save the planet.
- Lower your energy costs: When you’re not using so much energy, your monthly bills will go down. A humidifier can help you lower energy costs all year long.
- Protect your house: Wood furnishings and floors will be less likely to crack or warp if humidity levels are healthy.
If the humidity bothers you or you’re experiencing one of the issues listed here, a dehumidifier might be exactly what you need. Call our team at Apollo Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today for a professional evaluation of your home.
Reasons to get a dehumidifier to include:
- Mold or mildew growth in your house: If you notice mold or mildew growing in your house, or if you smell them, then you may need to get a dehumidifier. Mold and mildew grow where there’s moisture, so removing that can help keep them under control.
- Damaged wood furniture or floors: You may not notice any extra moisture in your house but anything made out of the wood will. It absorbs the excess moisture and begins to warp, crack, and more. If you notice this kind of damage, a dehumidifier could help you keep your home nice for a long time.
- Condensation in your house: Do you have condensation on your windows, doors, ceiling, or walls and you’re not sure how it got there? A dehumidifier can remove the extra moisture in the air that causes this.